prior to scheduling an audition. All Admissions Requirements
must be complete to be considered for admission. Applicants for the Acting Program are required to complete a live audition. It is the responsibility of the applicant to schedule an audition after the online application has been submitted.
An artist statement is very important in the admissions process and should answer the following three questions:
- What issues and concerns inform your artmaking practice?
- Why are you applying to your program at CalArts?
- What are your artistic goals?
- Applicants must present two monologues (no longer than two minutes each) of contrasting nature. Choose one from Shakespeare; one contemporary. Faculty, however, may choose to see only one of the two. It is recommended to prepare a third monologue to present at the faculty’s request.
- Applicants must bring a resume and a recent photograph, preferably a headshot, to the audition. The resume and headshot should also be uploaded into your online application.
To schedule your audition: once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email with a link to the audition registration page. You will also be able to reach this page from the checklist on your application status page. Please email Rachel Park (firstname.lastname@example.org), Admissions Counselor for the School of Theater, if you have any questions.
View the Program in Acting audition schedule.